Dana Kester-McCabe has over 40 years of creative experience, having worked in internet, video, and print design; writing essays and content for public relations, advertising, and news.
Dana has produced over 150 online videos. She has dozens of websites currently operating which she designed and/or maintains. She also writes essays, as well as arts and religious education curriculum.
Dana is the sole owner and operator of Moonshell Productions, a freelance graphics business specializing in websites, online video, and logos for small businesses and nonprofit organizations. Credentials include:
Quaker Volunteer Experience
- Writer, photographer, and publisher of Delmarva-Almanac.com. This online publication includes videos of artist interviews, local landmarks, history, lifestyle, and wildlife photography. In April 2015 this became a weekly radio show on Delmarva Public Radio which you can hear as a podcast. (2009 - present)
- Writer, photographer, editor, and producer of "Seeking Salt & Light Among Friends", a 23 minute documentary video on the diversity of beliefs worldwide within the Religious Society of Friends. This was distributed online by FriendsJournal.org (released July 2013)
- Writer, photographer, and online publisher of Skipjack News. This online publication, including online video interviews promoted the projects and grant recipients of the Rural Development Center of the University of Maryland Eastern Shore. (2010-2012)
- Quarter Coordinator - Regional Staff: Public relations, newsletters, event planning, website designer and manager, among other things, for the Southern Quarter of Philadelphia Yearly Meeting Quakers (2003-2008)
- Website management, commercial video production, and television promotions for WBOCTV16 Draper Communications, Inc. - Managed their news website for 3 years. During that time the site won a 2001 Edward R. Murrow News Website Award for its region from the RTNDA (Radio Television News Directors Association, which is now called RTDNA: Radio Television Digital News Association). (1997-2002)
- Teacher - Art or Quaker religious education to all ages in schools, summer camps, and adult continuing education programs or workshops (1987-2008)
- Fine Art Painting - Sold in galleries in Worcester and Wicomico County, Maryland (1983-1997)
- Freelance Graphic Designer - Commercial and nonprofit clients throughout Delmarva and beyond (1980 - to the present)
- BFA Painting and Communication Design - Kutztown University of Pennsylvania (1980)
Dana Kester-McCabe is a lifelong member of the Religious Society of Friends (the Quakers). She is a member of Wicomico River Friends Meeting in Salisbury, Maryland and has served on a variety of local and regional Quaker committees in the Southern Quarter of Philadelphia Yearly Meeting.
- Board Service - Friends Publishing Corporation - A nonprofit Quaker quarterly magazine the Friends Journal (February 2011- present), assistant presiding clerk (June 2011 - 2015), presiding clerk (October 2015 - to present)
- Presiding clerk of Wicomico River Friends Meeting (January 2009 - August 2013)
- Alternate presiding clerk of Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (August 2009 - October 2011)
- Board Service - Cadbury At Lewes - A Quaker Continuing Retirement Community (2005-2009) (presiding clerk 2007-2009)
- Past recording clerk, newsletter editor, and website manager for Wicomico River Friends Monthly Meeting (several times) and Southern Quarter.